Saturday, May 23, 2015

Love @ First Audit

Walked into the office for an interview
had doubts about myself, albeit a few
a crisp white shirt, donned with a straight coat
my heart was fluttering n swaying, like a sinking boat

there she walked in, high heels n pretty smile
sat next to me, wish I could talk to her for a while
and then the damn HR, called me in
made me prick, as if I sat on a hair-pin

questions were asked, answers blabbered
click clunk of the pen, the manager clattered
looking at me, judging with intense eyes
like a wily cat, stalking meek little mice

was told to wait, for the results to come
the best thing, to wait with the girl so awesome
we spoke a bit n stared a lot
the air-conditioned room, felt like an exuberant boiling pot

got selected; for the job and not the girl
oh how I wished and longed to see her beautiful curls
time flew by and work got hectic
at the deep end of the pool and tank o so septic

was sent to a client, in a remote place
situated amidst a village was their working base
and there I met this girl, from the audit team
I smiled and thanked God, with a white-pearly gleam

barely spoke the first day, busy with all the work
she was quiet and silent, seemed like her own peculiar quirk
the day went by, without a development
both were in deep shit, in the said assignment

the second day came by, and we spoke a bit
but before we could continue, I was sent to the pit (literally)
and so started the best time, at the dinner table
all (teammates) were chirpy, happy and singable

net day, headed back to my hometown in a shabby plane
felt dejected and rejected, jack had lost her jane
and so I felt, the world had ended
the mixed feelings were happy and condescended

audits might be tough but I learned a valuable lesson
never fall for an auditor, oh my son!
they'll assess you in terms of assets and liabilities
and make a 'profit n loss' balance sheet of all your abilities

your design and implementation will always be tested
any objection on your part; will always be contested
you wont get the time, for operating effectiveness
you will be replaced, with quick and utmost deceptiveness

and there you are, writhing in pain
all you accounted for was loss, not a single gain
oh wait, here comes the next audit
a chance for new love, another plaudit

thus the mouse on the ferry-wheel keeps on running
time and again, the auditor keeps on shunning
till you find a non-auditor
dont fall in love, dont bother

I could go on, for hours at stretch
or take my dog out and play fetch
id rather moan, cry and sulk
or pretend I am unhurtable like the incredible hulk

1 comment:

  1. Auditors never to be trusted specially the estrogen loaded one ☺

    ReplyDelete